Customer Advocate, Escalations
MoneyLion is a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has engaged with 7.5 million hard-working Americans and has earned its members' trust by building a full-service digital platform to deliver mobile banking, lending, and investment solutions. From a single app, members can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
The Escalations Department supports the Customer Service Department (CSD) by investigating and responding to complex customer complaints, allowing the CSD to focus on inbound customer service efforts and call volume.
The Customer Advocate, Escalations (CAE) will be measured on their ability to de-escalate and resolve complaints, preventing further escalation to a Regulatory complaint. The CAE will work with various internal teams to investigate and resolve issues for the customer and is a powerful communicator who can manage difficult and complex customer and inter-departmental situations which require strong guidance and resolution.
The CAE will also be required to acknowledge the complaint, provide follow ups or status updates in line with SLAs, and eventually provide final resolution for the customer over the phone. The goal of the CAE is to prevent additional phone calls and additional complaints from the customer, by providing them with a point of contact, reassurance, and continuous communication until a resolution is reached. This position will require excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, and the ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in problem solving and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve complex or unusual complaints that come in through multiple channels, including the MoneyLion executive team, and require a customized response.
- Take ownership of each escalation, and follow up with both the customer and internal teams until resolution.
- Manage a day to day queue of open customer cases ensuring timely follow up and execution with high degree of quality within stated SLAs.
- Make outbound calls to customers within 24 hours of receiving the escalation, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a single point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound calls to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Update and maintain the database for verbal complaints, with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes, leveraging this to escalate trending issues and forward-thinking solutions.
- Resolve major product or service problems, determine the cause of the problem, select and explain the best solution to solve the problem, expedite correction or adjustment, and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible root-causes and resolutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend potential process or service improvements to management based on key complaint themes.
- Assist with inbound Customer Service calls when needed.
- This position requires a High School diploma.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of customer-facing experience.
- Experience working for an innovative financial services company is strongly preferred.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability and ownership are a must.
- De-escalation and empathy skills and multiple years of experience working in customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills with demonstrated ability to resolve customer issues
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to draft final responses to customers which concisely describes the complaint investigation, and ability to speak at various altitudes in the organization.
- Self-starter, who needs little day to day oversight and can function in a remote environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, individually as well as a part of the bigger team, within a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to solve for the most complex and escalated customer inquiries where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Ability to exercise individual judgment to determine appropriate action, to drive the right outcomes for customers.
- Cross functional experience in Customer Service, Financial Services, Risk is also a plus.
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.