Director of Business Operations
MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned Director of SEC Reporting to join our Finance Operations team. This role requires an aptitude for thought leadership who will help build a capable team with responsibility for SEC and oversight of external and internal financial reporting and collaborate with the accounting team on technical accounting matters. This individual will be reporting to our Head of Finance.
- Responsible for managing the completeness, accuracy and fair presentation of company’s financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare technical accounting memorandums.
- Keep abreast of new SEC and FASB disclosure requirements and updating SEC documents as necessary.
- Support training on new accounting pronouncements and corporate policies.
- Interface with external auditors regarding financial reporting and the application of generally accepted accounting principles and matters.
- Facilitate over the quarterly Disclosure Committee meetings.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
- Coordinate with affiliates to aggregate monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial information, including leading pre-close meetings with affiliates to identify and resolve complex accounting matters.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year-end consolidation process, including the review of journal entries and coordinate with other business stakeholders to aggregate financial information.
- Participate in the reviews of the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
- Prepare quarterly Audit Committee materials.
- Assist in the preparation of various internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
- Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the consolidation process.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting.
- Leverage technology and automation to ensure best-in-class external reporting practices.
- The candidate should have strong leadership. decision making, and technical skills
- Experience with preparing and filing SEC documents, at a minimum Forms 10-K and 10-Q required
- 7+ years of experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm or industry equivalent, including significant SEC experience with companies
- Prior work with financial startup companies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and experience researching technical accounting topics
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel and Google Office Suites
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission..
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Equity based compensation
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.