MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion is building a world class data ecosystem that will dramatically improve the ability of internal data users and analysts to create products and experiences that captivate our customers. As the Data Engineer, you will participate in technical and architectural planning as well as contributing as a developer while interacting with data scientists, software engineers, and analysts as we build and scale the world's most rewarding program for financial wellness.
- Assist with reviewing and interpreting business and technical requirements with a focus on data objectives of the product
- Identify requirements and develop data delivery solutions
- Implement company policies on data access and data distribution
- Support members of various teams to determine database structural requirements by analyzing their applications and client operations
- Collaborate with highly talented engineers while striving to help them build their skills and achieve their career goals
- Support data flow and ETL processes from end to end for projects and initiatives including troubleshooting of data issues, integrity checks, data model design, querying of data, and performance resulting from data issues
- Assist in training over the data systems used by the company for the employees. Specifically, training programs for new hires on various reports and models available in the data visualization tools that are used
- Analyze large data sets, some of them messy, to answer and solve real-world business problems while charting paths towards data cleanup and preventing data from becoming messy
- Familiarity with financial and banking products
- Demonstrated skills in good software engineering practices
- Building and shipping large-scale engineering products and/or infrastructure
- Scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring data quality in the cloud (We use AWS)
- Collaborating with a diverse set of engineers, data scientists and product managers
- Deep expertise in data engineering and data processing at scale. Requires a focus on the development of pipelines for the creation of data lakes to enable exploration as well as machine learning model training, deployment and scoring at massive scale.
- Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
- NoSQL, Relational databases and Presto (We use MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- The AWS stack combined with technologies such as Java, Python, Spark, and Kafka
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or equivalent workflow management tools
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Sample test - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.