MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has engaged with 7.5 million hard-working Americans and has earned its members' trust by building a full-service digital platform to deliver mobile banking, lending, and investment solutions. From a single app, members can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
The Brand Director will be responsible for defining MoneyLion’s brand expression and driving awareness of the brand through effective and innovative owned earned and paid brand marketing. This role will work cross-functionally to collaboratively develop and execute MoneyLion’s brand vision, voice, and social purpose across all channels, ensuring a leadership position in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, creative, and strategic leader with a proven track record of elevating B2C brands through tight brand narratives and storytelling. The role will research, synthesize, and evangelize a clear and powerful brand strategy that generates customer engagement, increases brand relevance, and grows adoption, retention, and community advocacy. The right leader is a hands-on operator who is deeply customer-focused, data-driven, but also an out-of-the-box thinker with experience building high-performing teams.
- Oversee the planning, development, and execution of the company’s brand vision and strategy across channels
- Serve as a passionate advocate for the brand throughout the enterprise and partner with leaders across the company to ensure underlying brand principles, value proposition, social purpose, and customer needs are consistently met
- Connect the powerful stories that emerge from our Members every day to our wider brand narratives and activations
- Develop, negotiate and manage a best-in-class network of agency partners that drive growth and budget optimization
- Partner with all enterprise stakeholders to build go-to-market strategies that infuse our brand across all user touchpoints through visuals, tone, voice, and experience
- Own brand guidelines and collaborate with the design and copy teams to implement across all communication channels
- Lead and be accountable for the vision, strategy, and results of brand positioning and campaigns, harmonizing a clear brand message across all channels (online and off)
- Craft an environment and process for brand messaging to come to life, ensuring campaigns and content are on-brand, optimized for experience, press coverage, brand sentiment shifts, engagement, and overall sales impact
- Protect the integrity of the brand, while encouraging creative exploration and risk-taking
- Build a clear view and understanding of the target customer and tailor all aspects of the brand marketing program to reflect the data set
- Conduct and analyze internal and external data/research to discover competitive advantages and capitalize on trends
- Analyze and report on key brand metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field and 10-15+ years of proven brand marketing experience
- Experience building and leading an in-house team and agency network
- Hands-on in coordinating execution across all awareness channels
- Demonstrated ability to develop inspiring creative that achieves performance targets
- Strong business and financial acumen combined with demonstrated analytical skills
- A creative eye and genuine curiosity for innovative opportunities to connect with our customers
- A holistic brand thinker who appreciates and invests in the entire process, from product development to marketing to driving loyalty
- Experience developing and evolving brand systems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- MBA preferred
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.