Director of Machine Learning
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
The Director of Machine Learning is responsible for managing a portfolio of data science projects. The person in this position is expected to guide, mentor and advise on multiple data science projects/initiatives. This role will also be responsible for defining and managing initiatives that are longer term in nature and are aimed at improving the overall process of analysis, model development and model monitoring. The director of Machine Learning should understand the data landscape of the company and would help craft and evolve the data strategy of the organization. An ideal candidate would also constantly work towards pushing the envelope of modelling techniques being used by the team.
- Coordinate with data science project leads and develop fine grained execution plans for each data science project.
- Advise and critically evaluate the progress of data science projects.
- Evaluate the existing model portfolio from the point of view of modeling approach and accuracy.
- Responsible for identifying data product opportunities across the existing MoneyLion product stack.
- Interact with Data, Product and AI engineering teams to define and develop internal tools to manage the model development lifecycle.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for data collection, integration and enrichment, which is in sync with the product and business strategy of the organization.
- Track and apply the new developments in the modeling techniques, algorithms, machine learning and artificial intelligence domains.
- Set up strong business continuity measures with respect to future model maintainability and enhancements, grooming of junior team members and setting career path expectations.
- Set clear expectations on the team members wrt to deliverables, road map, timelines
- Continuously mentor and manage the team members to keep them goal and process oriented.
- 3 - 5 years experience in working in high calibre data science teams developing production grade solutions in a dynamic environment.
- 2 - 3 years experience of project and people management.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, TBATS, SVM, Decision Forests, XGBoost, Neural Networks, RNN.
- Preferably familiar with Big Data applications/solutions such as Spark, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana and etc.
- Data visualization techniques using one or more packages such Shiny, Bokeh, Dash, Seaborn, Plotly and Matplotlib. Knowledge in data visualization platforms like Periscope is a plus.
- Solid understanding of probability, statistics, distributions, and analysis methods.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, SQL and Java (Python & SQL is a must).
- Experience with popular platforms like TensorFlow, Keras, SageMaker.
- Communicator : You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with diverse stakeholders
- Team-Oriented: You can embrace the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner
- Delivery Focused: You can keep everyone focused on delivering value at the earliest.
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual)
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.