Senior Mobile Engineer
Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in New York City? Someone with a thirst for innovation, who is capable of integrating in a multicultural team? Join our amazing team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion was an early adopter of React Native. We currently maintain (in our opinion) one of the richest React Native applications on the app stores. As a RN engineer, you'll come to us having experienced many aspects of RN development, from state management to creating lovely interfaces.
The MoneyLion mobile team prides itself on good communication, documentation, and instrumentation. With a fast-growing user base, and hundreds of thousands of daily active users, stability and awesome UX are our top priorities. You will be essential in contributing to the platform as a whole, making sure our features are performing well (and look great). You'll work closely with design, product, and the rest of the engineering team to help ensure a holistic experience for our users and maintain a solid foundation to make the ML membership even more valuable.
What you'll do
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan and develop new features for the MoneyLion mobile app
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Support QA team on testing and debugging
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends, and suggest new products and tools that would improve the development process, and application quality
- Identify high-level architectural problems and design the solutions
- Coach junior engineers
- Align business goals with technical priorities, and provide constructive feedback that gives insights to feature owners
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer (tech lead will be a plus)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Functional Programming will be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.