Director, Paid Acquisition
MoneyLion is a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has engaged with 7.5 million hard-working Americans and has earned its members' trust by building a full-service digital platform to deliver mobile banking, lending, and investment solutions. From a single app, members can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned and highly driven Director of Paid Acquisition to join our team and take growth to the next level at MoneyLion.
As the Director of Paid Acquisition, you’ll be responsible for driving sustainable new customer growth across all MoneyLion products. You will have the opportunity to continue building and managing a strong Paid Acquisition team and infrastructures to drive the next chapter of growth for our business. Paid Acquisition at MoneyLion covers all digital media and traditional media channels. The team is composed of highly talented, experienced, and driven marketers today, working closely with our organic acquisition, analytics, brand, creative, product marketing, and lifecycle marketers to develop a holistic and measurable strategy.
- Drive sustainable (hyper) growth strategies across paid (search, social, display, affiliate, programmatic, ASO across web and app) and other paid media (OTT, OOH, and traditional media).
- Mentor, coach, and inspire a growing team of talented digital and paid media marketers.
- Work with affiliate agency to drive new subscriber growth through the development of online, to increase traffic, conversion, and revenue Lead strategy for performance and paid channel, including effective marketing mix modeling, budgeting, and reallocation to maximize channel budget efficiency to meet business and channel goals.
- Enable innovation, foster a test & learn mindset and try new sub-channels, partners and tools.
- Make decisions based on incrementality and optimize channel-mix towards the customer journey / full-funnel approach.
- Develop, implement and maintain holistic customer first acquisition strategies in collaboration with Content (SEO), Social, Lifecycle (Onboarding + Engagement), Creative design and copy, Product Marketing, Data Analytics, and agencies, etc.
- Closely collaborate with the product team to connect performance and paid media within the product to drive optimization of paid marketing loops.
- Partner closely with the VP of marketing + finance on budget planning and forecasting, forecasting, and reporting. Help drive marketing mix modeling analysis to optimize spend allocation.
- Ensure the team has robust data access and the best setup. Continue evolving the current status with the data analytics team to improve measurement structures and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Work together with product and engineers to drive topics on all topics related to ad tech and data compliance relevant to your domain
- Minimum 10-12 years experience in performance and marketing, with at least 8 years of experience in leading a team and managing a multi-million annual budget across multiple geographies
- Experience hiring, developing, and retaining top talent
- Proven track record of increasing user acquisition, engagement, and retention and working with a funnel, CLV/LTV, and ROI metrics
- Significant experience in growing an online, app-driven business that is consumer-focused.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven record to drive the evolution of a program through the application of data insights.
- Experience in Applying tracking technologies to performance programs
- Extensive experience managing agencies and martech partners.
- Experience in financial services is helpful but not necessary.
- Deep understanding of all online/app metrics, analytics, tracking technology, and tools.
- Deep understanding of attribution, lift test, and incrementally.
- Technical understanding of web/app tracking systems and test and learn approach.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to successfully partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Periscope/Sisense, Amplitude, App Annie, Jira, Asana and Google Analytics, Google tag manager
- You think outside the box and ensure the team is constantly has the pulse on the latest trends and continually evolving what we do to optimize team impact
- Comfortable moving between strategy and execution / Owner operator mentality
- Bias for action and ability to enable and empower others
- Continuously learning and challenging the status quo
- Comfortable giving and receiving open, empathetic, direct, and timely feedback
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.