MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
- Lead teams of talented engineers to build financial products and services
- Collaborate with the product, design and other engineering functions (Mobile, SRE and QA) to define timeline and to ensure deliverables are released within timeline using Agile processes
- Manage and grow high-performing teams by bringing out the best in the engineers
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead engineers to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Manage the recruitment, on-boarding and L&D activities of the development team
- Manage initiatives that drive technical excellence across the Engineering department
- 8+ years of software development experience (preferably delivering complex systems with modern practicess
- 2+ years of engineering management experience (preferably leading multiple teams of 5+ software engineers)
- Experienced team manager with a servant leader mindset, great interpersonal skills, and strong ability to execute
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership
- Ability to manage, lead and grow team(s) of highly talented software engineers with diversified backgrounds
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team & Director of Engineering
- Interview - Lead Engineers
- Interview - VP of Engineering
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.