Director of Digital Service, Experience & Operations
MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
About the Role
As Director of Digital Service, Experience & Operations, your mandate is to innovate and accelerate MoneyLion’s digital service model, while delivering great customer service experiences. Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations, you will work cross-functionally to ensure that we are proactively evaluating and meeting customer needs, while working with new and existing vendors to create a world-class customer service tech stack, deliver exceptional customer service and self-service functionality.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned digital customer service and experience pro who can connect complex business problems and technology solutions through the lens of digital service, operations and experience management. You will work to create business value, reduce complexity, drive efficiency and continuously evolve experience management & digital service delivery through user facing capabilities. Success in this role requires a client-centered, data-driven approach to operations, as well as experience running multifunctional teams focused on the customer experience, self-service, and contact center technology.
- Drive digital service strategy in partnership with all MoneyLion’s business line and product owners: develop, measure and optimize the performance of customer service programs across both synchronous and asynchronous digital channels, including chatbot, messaging platforms, email, social media, as well as emerging digital channels
- Innovate and accelerate digital service models to address changing business conditions and customer expectations. This involves pilots and tests with a variety of leading edge technologies, including automation and AI platforms as well as creating blueprints and go to market service strategies to implement digital service models.
- Directly manage our in-house Product Operations team as well as relationships with a variety of strategic, third party vendors
- Partner with multiple stakeholders, including Operations leadership team, Product owners, Data Scientists, as well as Compliance and Marketing teams, to deliver a cohesive, best in class customer service experience
- Measure performance: Reporting and managing to team and dept level SLAs and KPIs; managing customer feedback programs; analyze and visualize data to reveal trends in performance and customer behavior, and identify key opportunities for improvement
- Help internal teams understand emerging digital operations/service trends, apply best practices and pursue innovations in digital customer service.
- Actively participate in regular Service Excellence Steering Committees to provide feedback to senior management regarding the top volume contact types, potential root causes, and propose solutions
- 7+ years of relevant D2C customer operations or digital service technology experience, preferably at a consumer-facing financial services company operating at scale, with a track record of top performance
- Experience leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs that have transformed a company’s customer-facing service technology and delivered quantifiable business impact
- Strong people management skills with the proven ability to attract and develop talent and experience managing large, distributed teams
- Tech-savvy in evolving technologies: Automation, AI, Visual IVR, CRM, Social & Messaging Ecosystems, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Experience with Case Management and Customer Relationship Management Software as well as the Atlassian suite (Kustomer, Zendesk, JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- The ability to drive creative solutions with cross-functional partners, especially in an engineering and product environment
- Dedicated to solving complex problems and capable of transforming conflicting, incomplete, or ambiguous inputs into solid plans of action
- Ability to comfortably balance multiple priorities while working in an environment of rapid growth and high pace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission..
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Equity based compensation
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.