Cybersecurity (CSIRT) Analyst
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
As a Cybersecurity Analyst (Threat Detection), you will be working with the MoneyLion CSIRT team that is responsible for threat detection & monitoring, digital forensics & incident response, threat intelligence and threat hunting. You will be responsible for monitoring, detecting and responding to potential threats against MoneyLion’s infrastructure. You will also be tasked with analyzing & reviewing security events and escalating them if necessary.
- Conduct threat monitoring to identify cyber attacks in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the IT and CloudOps team to respond and investigate security events. When necessary, carry out digital forensic for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Deploy, maintain and fine-tune threat detection rules in response to the latest threat landscape.
- Identify the gaps in the current threat detection & monitoring capabilities, and provide suggestions to reduce these gaps.
- Perform analysis of potential cyber security risks and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute in threat hunting exercises.
- Contribute in developing or improving SOP and playbooks.
- Contribute in various innovative projects to improve MoneyLion’s overall security posture.
- Good working knowledge of information security systems (i.e. firewall, IPS/IDS, AV/EDR, SIEM), and frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, and Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis as required.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and a team player.
- Proficient in languages (i.e. Python, Bash, Go) to process data and automate tasks.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Academic background in Information Technology/Computer Science.
- Knowledge in using any SIEM platform.
- Knowledge of cloud service providers such as AWS.
- Knowledge of SIM3 framework.
- Knowledge of FIRST and NIST standards.
- Knowledge of using OSS tools to perform CSIRT related tasks.
- GCIH/Security+/CySA+/CEH/ECIH certification.
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn.
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual)
- Online Technical Assignment
- Interview - Hiring Manager interview (Virtual)
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.