Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a thirst for innovation, who is capable of integrating in a multicultural team? Join our amazing team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
The Director of Engineering will lead a team of engineers to design, architecture, implement, and facilitate the operation of large-scale cloud systems. We are looking for someone with a strong technical foundation plus a track record of structuring healthy organizations that encourage effective collaborations across multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in setting architectural strategy, roadmap, standards, policies, and procedures in collaboration with technical leadership
- Work with the CTO/CPO/VPE to meet corporate business objectives, specifically: determine corporate technology standards, maintain an architecture roadmap, maintain a backlog of projects for the architectural roadmap, work on the active projects in the roadmap, and advocate best practices
- Help steer technical decisions about software architecture
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment, and monitoring of our product
- Serve as the last point of escalation for solving technical problems
- Be a critical voice in design and code reviews
- Shorten the product to market time across MoneyLion's portfolio
- Improve retention and reduce unexpected churn in our products
- Help mentor senior team members by instilling best practices
- Be actively involved in resource planning
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Strong experience with AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc)
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Strong soft-skills including working via influence and supporting a growth mindset for your peers
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, building, structuring, leading technical organizations, including performance management
How will your roadmap to join MoneyLion look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview by the Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview by the U.S Hiring Manager (Virtual)
- Assignment - Case study (if needed)
- Interview - Interview by the Co-Founder (Virtual or face-to-face)
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.