Manager, Banking Fraud and Disputes
MoneyLion is a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has engaged with 7.5 million hard-working Americans and has earned its members' trust by building a full-service digital platform to deliver mobile banking, lending, and investment solutions. From a single app, members can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
The Banking Fraud and Disputes Manager emphasizes customer advocacy, process creation/improvement, and management of banking-driven processes. The role manages external dispute and fraud team relationships as well as supports the banking team day-to-day, tracking key metrics, and strengthening our banking fraud processes and practices. The Banking Fraud and Disputes Manager proactively anticipates challenges, identifies and clearly articulates issues in our systems.
- Partners with Customer Success team and 3rd party vendor, Galileo, to manage overall banking dispute processes
- Manages the relationship with our Galileo and Ubiquity partners including providing required training to partner teams and devising strategies to minimize loss from fraud and disputes
- Manages fraud day to day review, fraud reporting as required by our banking partners manages the process for those working reports and the investigators associated with the process
- Analyzes and investigates trends for anomalies and makes recommendations for controls and automation related to fraud processing
- Document current processes to create written SOPs
- Assist in managing our customer experiences and maintaining the quality of our product as it pertains to fraud and dispute process
- Continually seek opportunities to improve operations and effectively interact with the operations management
- Analyzes data to make actionable business recommendations
- Collects, aggregates, and draw insights from information gathered during communication and reviews; turns these insights into action plans with the product, marketing, business development, risk, and compliance teams
- Creates and implements operational processes for new products and workflows
- 2+ Years of Call Center Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and an objectively strong academic record or equivalent experience
- Technical Account Manager or Engineering position in the Call Center Environment is required.
- Fantastic communication skills – you can talk to anyone and are a great writer
- Attention to detail – you’re meticulous and curious to understand how things work
- Driven with a strong sense of initiative and urgency.
- Strong computer skills and savvy enough to pick up new systems
- Nimble – able to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Able to work independently and report to management
- Team player – you want to be relied upon and you understand how others make your goals achievable
- The ability to work full-time, standard office hours is a must
- Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Five9 (preferred), Chat solutions (preferred)
- Experience with implementing Call Center solutions is preferred - Applicants with experience deploying and/or managing Five9 Call Center solutions are heavily considered
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.