Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mind, who is capable of integrating in a multicultural team?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for MoneyLion.
MoneyLion is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior System Administrator to work in the IT Services team within the Engineering organisation.
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background in the area of system administration and networking. The candidate is a top performer who thrives in a very fast-paced and demanding environment, who is able to make necessary recommendations to design and configure the network architecture and system design to create an ecosystem that is able to cater to the company’s growing requirements.
If you think you are a detailed oriented person who can investigate and analyse feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications, talk to us today!
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of network infrastructures and make recommendations to management with respect to technical issues and work with vendors to create optimum cost effective solutions.
- Able to work independently reporting back to the Workplace Technology Lead.
- Deploy solid network engineering and design for corporate networking solutions within the framework of network strategy, budgetary guidelines and operational process.
- Perform all the responsibilities of the Senior System Administrator in the development of network designs recommendations/plans/schematics for regional network/communications infrastructure with input from Cross Functional Teams (DevOps, Cyber Security).
- Design networks and lead implementation process; coordinate supplies, contractors and operations.
- Monitor the operation of the networks and system to ensure proper utilisation of line, hardware and software. Tune networks for optimal system performance.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex problem resolution, typically for level 3 issues.
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and documents, drawings and system documentation.
- Interpret complex technical diagram in order to affect problem resolution.
- Assist in the evaluation of vendor proposals with respect to the hardware, communication protocols, switching methods, access methods and tariffs and in the procurement of software and equipment; recommend equipment for purchase or lease.
- Test and verify all changes to ensure changes occur without interruption.
- Track project and report status to appropriate management.
- May mentor less experienced staff; and may instruct, direct and check their work.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Pro-actively examines network infrastructure and advises on next best up-to-date solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with workplace technologies infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system - Mac OS and Wintel , hardware, network, end user related applications).
- Solid experience on cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools.
- Solid experience on managed networking , UTM firewall and DaaS (Directory-as-a-Service).
- Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills. Good organizational and analytical skills. Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility and self-confidence.
- Must be able to work independently and able to work flexible hours (US time zone), including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Ability to develop, implement and assess performance metrics of team members.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Solid experience in Palo Alto Firewalls and Application Suite (Cortex XDR, TRAPS)
- Good understanding on AWS networking (Transit Gateway, VPC Peering)
- ITIL Foundation or equivalent certification
- CCNA or equivalent certification
How will your roadmap to join MoneyLion look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual)
- Online Assessment - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)