MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
About the Role
Seeking a bright and motivated Corporate Paralegal to join our legal team. The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for providing general support to our in-house attorneys and cross-functional teams, with an initial focus on state lender licensing and subpoena compliance. The Corporate Paralegal will provide licensing oversight, help manage and track litigation, pre-litigation disputes, subpoenas and other information requests, conduct due-diligence reviews, maintain corporate filings, provide regulatory support, conduct legal research, provide transactional support, perform general corporate maintenance, and more.
- Coordinate and track the filing of state lender and other licenses for various corporate entities.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and point of contact on state lending licensing efforts. File documents with federal and state lending licensing departments.
- Provide litigation and pre-litigation support, including information fact gathering, updating and tracking the status of contested matters, coordinating discovery responses with internal and external counsel, and more.
- Help manage the subpoena and information request compliance function, including the management, tracking, and coordination of responses to subpoenas and other legal notices and requests.
- Assist in-house attorneys in drafting and reviewing and contracts and other legal documents.
- Track important deadlines and maintain document organization.
- Manage and track various business entity formation and maintenance documents.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies and state licensing departments.
- Conduct fact gathering, due diligence reviews and document collection.
- Perform legal research on issues impacting the company.
- Assist with various corporate governance functions and SEC filings, and any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Minimum of five to seven year’s experience as a corporate paralegal or legal manager, preferably in the financial services industries; consumer lending experience is preferred; fintech experience is a plus.
- Keen understanding of state lending requirements and licensing processes, including familiarity with NMLS and state filing protocols.
- Experienced in managing internal litigation and subpoena compliance processes, and coordinating litigation strategy with in-house and external counsel.
- Comfortable drafting and reviewing important legal documents.
- Detail oriented with a track record of tracking and meeting important deadlines.
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills – demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collegial team with some direct supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission..
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Equity based compensation
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.