Director of Customer Operations
At MoneyLion, our mission is to change the way millions of hardworking Americans bank, invest, borrow and financially grow. We believe that by building better, smarter products we can help people manage their daily financial lives more effectively and start to build positive, sustainable financial habits.
Founded in 2013, MoneyLion today employs over 250 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America and Asia. We’re headquartered in NYC, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Moneylion is widely recognized as one of the most innovative fintech companies in the United States. In addition to being named one of Forbes’ Fintech 50, we were recently honored as Best Digital Bank of 2019 by Finovate and Most Innovative Company in Personal Finance at the Benzinga Global Fintech Awards. And we’re just getting started...
About the Role
As the Director of Customer Operations, you will be responsible for delivering best in class customer service to millions of MoneyLion members. You’ll be responsible for both the experience of MoneyLion’s users who self-serve through our digital service platforms and our front-line customer experience specialists that directly support MoneyLion’s customers. Your mandate will be to oversee the overall customer service delivery at MoneyLion, and for improving service excellence through identification and execution of initiatives that drive efficiency, scale, and a seamless customer experience. We’re a nimble team that has a large scope and is obsessed with customer success, efficiency and business impact.
- Through direct partnership with all MoneyLion business line and product owners, develop and deliver a best in class customer service model for a broad spectrum of financial services products including banking, lending, and wealth management solutions, while adhering to all regulatory compliance requirements
- Build and execute a data-driven strategy to improve the quality and efficiency of our service platform (e.g. similar to a GM, your success will be measured by your ability to hit KPI targets, e.g. SLAs, cost per contact, CSAT, etc.)
- Provide leadership and direct people management responsibility to our in house Customer Operations team and offshore vendor management.
- Develop and implement digital service initiatives to include chatbots, live chat, SMS/text message and self-service capabilities, screenshare technologies and more. Your mandate will be to meaningfully impact our service economics and customer experience to provide world class service while optimizing unit economics.
- Scope and execute a large, multi-quarter service excellence roadmap to provide customers and support specialists with technology, training, and knowledge solutions that improve top-line metrics (e.g. CSAT, first response resolution, first response SLA, resolutions per hour, etc)
- Partner with multiple stakeholders (Operations Leadership team, Operations Managers, individual contributors within Operations, Internal Systems, Support Products, Data Scientists, Marketing, etc) to prioritize and maximize the impact of your projects
- Lead other scaling projects for Operations that require you to build a data-driven strategy, determine a game plan and operationally execute, understand and resolve organizational alignment challenges, and effectively communicate progress to a broad audience of stakeholders
- Actively participate in regular Service Excellence Steering Committees to provide feedback to senior management regarding the top volume contact types, potential root causes, and propose solutions.
- 7-10+ years of relevant customer operations experience, preferably at a consumer-facing financial services company operating at scale, and a track record of top performance
- A track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs that have transformed a company’s customer facing operations and delivered quantifiable business impact
- Strong people management ability with the proven ability to attract and develop talent and experience managing large, distributed teams, including outsourced customer operations functions
- Ability to identify repeated user and specialist-facing issues and build scalable solutions and processes to address them
- Deep experience with industry leading customer service technology platforms and products
- The ability to drive creative solutions with cross-functional partners, especially in an engineering and product environment
- A passion for solving complex and hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- A preference for working in an high growth, fast-paced environments with the the horsepower to balance multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.