Director of Marketing Analytics
MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
About the Role
The Director of Marketing Analytics ensures MoneyLion is both innovative and rigorous as we build out our analytics function and determine the most high-impact ways to invest our marketing dollars. We are looking for a technically conversant leader, coach, problem solver, and marketing analytics guru to lead a newly formed Marketing Analytics team and to partner with stakeholders in Marketing and creative teams. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and will play an instrumental role in building the foundations of measuring and understanding the impact of our media spend and marketing campaigns.
- Leverage a variety of data sources to create strategic marketing insights and recommend and build marketing success metrics, reporting, and spend allocation
- Build industry-leading full-funnel measurement frameworks to determine the return on marketing investments across traditional and digital marketing channels including TV, Radio, OOH, Podcasts, PR. SEO/SEM, affiliate, display, social, paid, and other organic channels to create funnel analysis, channel-specific metrics, ARPU, LTV / CAC, through a deep understanding of customer behavior
- Educate the organization around marketing analytics, protocols, and implementations. Enhance the team’s abilities to report on performance, focus on impact, and provide transparency about critical analytics workstreams
- Build and manage the Marketing Analytics team – a dedicated group within the Marketing function
- Present findings and strategic recommendations with clarity and concision to business partners in Marketing, Finance, and Product
- Manage and prioritize requests from team members and cross-functional partners and set realistic expectations. Transparently communicate about priorities on a regular basis.
- Partner with the Performance Marketing team to build increasingly detailed models of acquisition spend and channel attribution to deliver increased spend efficiency and higher ROI by improving the measurement and efficiency of marketing and media performance
- Regularly evaluate and data tools, strategies, and vendors (e.g. performance of vendors, tools required, what data we should capture, how we should capture it, and the triggers/decisioning as a result, etc.).
- Own the measurement plan across digital marketing channels, including identifying and closing data gaps, channel-specific measurement, and driving multi-channel attribution work forward with decision science.
- Build a holistic reporting approach that breaks down funnel metrics by business line through to spend
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field and 10-15+ years of proven brand marketing experience
- 10+ years of analytics experience with at least 3+ years leading a team of analysts in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in SQL. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker) and marketing attribution models.
- Expertise working with R, Python, or other statistical software
- Experience measuring and optimizing marketing spend efficiency
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis experience and problem-solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results from the data to marketing and management
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or another related field
- Exceptional candidates have…
- Experience working with Iterable, Redshift, Tableau, Paid Marketing platforms (FB, Google Analytics, Google search console), Periscope, and Sensize.
- Experience working with App Annie, Amplitude, SEM Rush, or Sprout social
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission..
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Equity based compensation
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.