MoneyLion is looking for four Back End Engineers (Mid-level to Senior Level) to join our New York City engineering team to help build the future of financial technology. These roles will be instrumental in the architecture and implementation of a robust, scalable backend system responsible for handling millions of dollars’ worth of financial transactions. The roles will design RESTful APIs, architect event-driven backend systems, and help drive software and technology decisions while having a direct impact on the community as we build and scale the world's most rewarding program for financial wellness.
What You'll Do
- Support members of the team in delivering groundbreaking backend services that bring the joy of financial wellness to millions of users
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers to create new features related to financing and payments
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core underwriting business
- Build well-documented and scalable RESTful APIs
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Mentor other specialists
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the company
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Serve as the go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
Successful candidates for this role will have the following:
- Coding in a compiled, strongly typed language (We use Java)
- Designing and implementing scalable web services
- A passion for RESTful semantics
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Message queue systems (We use Kafka)
- Writing multithreaded code to produce highly performant software
- Caching systems (We use Redis)
Bonus Points For Experience In
- Deploying containerized applications
- Kubernetes and AWS
- Build automation tools
- Development with ElasticSearch
- Unix/Linux environment
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.