Customer Advocate, Social Media
MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
About the Role
Customer Advocates are the face of the MoneyLion brand. Advocates maintain a level of professionalism and empathy that exceeds that of our customer’s expectations. We are looking for an advocate for superior customer experience interactions via our various social media and review channels — a brand ambassador, driving high-value customer experience interactions via social media.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support via all mediums, including social media and various digital channels. You will own and elevate the customer experience by resolving customer concerns and reporting to the correct teams to eliminate the issue for future customers.
Responsibilities include resolving customer queries and complaints, recommending solutions, and guiding customers through product features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent written and verbal communicator who’s able to earn our customers’ trust in 240 characters (or less!).
- Provide excellent customer service that is focused on the person as well as the solution
- Resolve customer questions, concerns, and product issues raised via public channels by engaging the customer, providing the right resolution, and addressing social media escalations with critical thinking
- Respond to customer concerns in a timely and accurate way; first via the relevant social channel, and be prepared to follow up via phone, email, or chat — according to the customer’s preference
- Monitor, proactively post, research and reach out to community members within official MoneyLion channels to ensure a positive experience with the company
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features, understand our products, and maximize their success with our products and services
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their issues are resolved
- Own public-facing customer escalations, from acknowledgement through to research, resolution, and internal product feedback where required
- Analyze and respond to public-facing interactions (Social Media, App Reviews, Website Feedback, etc) activities — make recommendations to enhance the customer experience to product, engineering, and operations partners
- Manage and moderate interactions on specific digital platforms as assigned and report findings to the senior leadership team regarding significant issues, themes and/or feedback collected through the channels
- Represent MoneyLion’s brand and mission to online communities, and the public at large
- Analyze and report service issues and product malfunctions, as well as flagging identified trends and patterns of complaints
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues, complaints, and useful discussions with customers that may help improve our products, services, and customer support
- Own and elevate the customer’s experience by challenging the status quo and advocating for improved processes.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- 2-3 years of customer escalations experience preferred
- Prior experience managing Q&A, moderation, and communities on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, 3rd party review sites, etc. and understanding best practices for each platform
- Strong customer-first mindset, with an interest in understanding the customer, and engaging in a supportive, authentic, on-brand voice, to resolve customer issues quickly and satisfactorily
- Must have maturity and self-awareness to work with the content / topics at hand
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Follow-up skills and a strong sense of accountability and ownership are a must
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission..
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Work From Home Package equipment benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.