Founded in 2013 MoneyLion is a dynamic and innovative fintech company that offers lending, financial advisory and investment services to consumers. Our mission is to change the way 4.5 million hardworking Americans bank, invest, borrow and financially grow. Beyond just a bank, MoneyLion is America’s most powerful financial membership!
MoneyLion employs over 300 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America and Asia. We’re located in NYC, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
This role, along with a small staff, has overall responsibility for the monthly financial statement close process.
- Perform monthly financial close process – book journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts (bank accounts, Receivables, fixed assets and accumulated depreciation, prepaid expense, accrued expense, etc.), prepare workpapers and rollforwards.
- Perform analysis and validation of various data for products and revenue streams.
- Perform trend and variance analysis.
- Identify opportunities for financial close process improvements.
- Review journal entries prepared by the accounting staff and monitor general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Record payroll related journal entries.
- Work cross-departmentally on transactions analysis.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for the management team.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit with external auditors.
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience with strong technical skills including general ledger accounting and close. Experience in high growth start-ups is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, CPA preferred.
- NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Experience with loan accounting and loan reserves is preferred, working knowledge of multiple entity structuring and intercompany transactions is required.
- Experience in translating large volume dataset into accounting journal entries is preferred.