Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Officer
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
- Identify, analyze and report on internal and external trends and risks with respect to compliance
- Review, facilitate and develop action plans related to compliance risk assessments
- Assist Compliance leadership in fulfilling information requests from third-party partners and facilitate examination/interface with regulators
- Advise and support business units with respect to compliance requirements and compliance risks, including emerging compliance risks in the internal and external environments; implementation of controls, and execution of day-to-day compliance activities
- Perform ongoing monitoring with respect to emerging compliance risks, management actions, remediation, etc. and report to senior management as appropriate
- Develop controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
- Implement testing program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Develop and supervise compliance policies and procedures
- Develop, maintain and execute training programs as appropriate
- Provide input and partner with Legal as appropriate in the proposed rulemaking process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and legal partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- 5+ years plus years related experience in Consumer Lending Compliance Risk Management or similar function
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as ECOA, TILA, FDCPA, UDAAP, FCRA, etc.
- Ability to keep professionally composed in front of management, regulatory agencies and partnership meetings.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.