People Ops & Talent Intern
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a thirst for innovation, who is capable of integrating in a multicultural team? Join our amazing team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion is looking for an enthusiastic and driven People Operations & Talent Acquisition intern to join our People Operations department. The role will be separated into two parts where on the Talent side, you will participate in the full talent acquisition process, and will gain extensive insights behind the scenes of the complex recruitment lifecycle of a fast-growing FinTech company. On the People Operations side, we're looking for someone who is research oriented who is also data driven. You will be working on projects in regard to onboarding and policies where we'd like you to lead on certain process improvements, work on improving our handbooks and look into new policies that we can introduce in MoneyLion. If you think this sounds super interesting and would love to give it a shot, we want you! Join our innovative team to provide support and assistance to our lion and lioness in MoneyLion!
What you’ll do
- Work closely with senior talent acquisition team members to gain extensive understanding and insights of hiring needs
- Engage with hiring managers to build strategies and develop new approaches to acquire top talent for MoneyLion
- Assist in managing the recruiting processes through our internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) - Breezy HR/Greenhouse
- Design creative sourcing strategies and build strong talent pipelines on every technical role
- Screen resumes for technical roles, and conducting basic phone interviews with candidates.
- Conduct reference and background checks on candidates
- Handle the process of hiring interns and part-timers
- As we scale, the number of employees that join us will start to increase significantly on a month to month basis. Here, you'll be assisting on improving the current onboarding and off-boarding processes to assist the new employees in terms of settling in without hiccups.
- People Ops Systems
- We have a bunch of different tools and systems that we work with and we'd like you to have the curiosity in exploring and learning these modern tools. Some of them are really cool
- Strong research skills are important as we're always looking at introducing new policies and improving on our current ones
What we’re looking for
- Final year student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or relevant field. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Available for at least 6 months of internship, open and available for a full time job
- Advanced office computer skills eg. Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and prioritization
- Proactive with good follow-up and sense of urgency
- You are a data-driven and research-oriented person, able to write contents/proposals based on findings.
- Passionate, collaborative, agile and ambitious about people and culture
- Have a 'can-do' spirit/attitude and able to work as a team
- Detail oriented and able to adapt to changing environments, and work in a fast-paced and remote environment
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
How will your roadmap to join MoneyLion look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Video CV submission
- Phone Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual)
- Short Assessment
- Final Interview - Interview by the Hiring Manager (Virtual)
Perks and Benefits:
- Delightful welcome gifts
- Highest internship allowance you will find……(kaching!)
- Flexible working hours!
- You will be working with a truly amazing team that is HARD to find and IMPOSSIBLE to forget. Also, we’re quite entertaining.
- Stay-at-home monthly engagement activities like Karaoke, Bookclub, Trivia series and so much more!! (ah, don't even get me started)
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
So, what are you waiting for? Wait no more and join us NOW!