Account & Payroll Executive
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers trust with new banking and investments capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less.
From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
MoneyLion Malaysia is growing, and tasks are becoming more and in-depth. Account payable is the primary responsibility. To perform well in this role, you must be very good at time management and have a detail-oriented working attitude to ensure that all transactions, reports, and submissions are completed within the time frame specified.
- Handling the weekly payment to ensure payments are supported by supporting documents and within the credit terms given by respective suppliers.
- Checking and recording of all invoices from suppliers into the system, to ensure the accuracy and timelines for month-end closing.
- To perform the account payable reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- To ensure proper filing of the payment voucher with all the supporting documents accordingly.
- Maintain records of all financial documents and assist in financial accounting & reporting.
- To perform the monthly staff claim checking and ensure that our colleagues follow the SOP.
- To perform the bank reconciliation between Netsuite, management report, and bank statement on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with external auditor, tax agent, internal auditor, Inland Revenue Board (IRB) officer (includes scheduling, documents preparation, clarify on the queries arising from respective parties).
- To perform the ad-hoc assignments or special investigation instructed by the Financial Director or Manager.
- Input the personal data into the payroll system.
- To ensure proper documentation of HR processes and transactions (ie. IC, TP3 form, CP22 form, LOE, etc)
- Assist in employee confirmations, transfers, and resignations.
- Assist in reviewing, formulating, and implementing HR policies & practices.
- Assist in submission of statutory payments. (ie, EPF, SOCSO, EIS and MTD)
- Ensure compliance with the local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines
- Assist in any other HR-related matters as and when required.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Advanced office computer skills eg. Word, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Effective time management and prioritization
- Proactive with good follow-up and sense of urgency
- Passionate, collaborative, agile, and ambitious about people and culture
- Have a 'can-do' spirit/attitude and able to work as a team
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt to changing environments and work in a fast-paced and remote environment
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
About the Perks
- Work with one of the top tech teams in the country. We use a bunch of super cool tools and technologies that you can view here https://stackshare.io/moneylion/technology
- Competitive salary (Ka-ching!)
- Medical insurance for inpatient and outpatient treatment. We also provide dental and optical coverage.
- L&D blocks because we want you to continuously learn
- Flexible working hours!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off. Yes, you read that right.
- Vacation Allowance. We pay you to take some time off.
- Phone Allowance
- Corporate Discounts with health clubs, airfare companies (applicable only when the pandemic ends), 5 star hotels in KL (wink wink) and coffee shops! (you wouldn’t want to miss this if you’re a coffee lover)
- Endless company events (weekly sharing sessions, monthly book clubs, karaoke and even trivia days!)
- Employment Pass & EPF for expatriates.
- Be part of the most powerful financial membership in the world! We’re rewiring the banking system and we want you to join us. If not now, then when?
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Online Assessment
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.