MoneyLion is America's most powerful financial membership, which empowers people to take control of their finances. Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than five million members and has earned its customers' trust with new mobile online banking and managed investment services that offer a one-of-a-kind cashback rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds. From a single mobile app, users can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion's success relies on finding ways to make its members' money work as hard as they do. MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
MoneyLion is looking for a Staff Engineer to join our New York City engineering team to help build the future of financial technology. As a Staff Engineer, you will work with several teams to continue building out a world-class financial platform. This position involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of large scale cloud systems.
- Participate in setting architectural strategy, roadmap, standards, policies, and procedures in collaboration with technical leadership
- Work with the VPE to meet corporate business objectives, specifically: Determine corporate technology standards, maintain an architecture roadmap, maintain a backlog of projects for the architectural roadmap, work on the active projects in the roadmap, and advocate best practices
- Help steer technical decisions about software architecture
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core systems
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment, and monitoring of our product
- Serve as the last point of escalation for solving technical problems
- Be a critical voice in design and code reviews
- Shorten the product to market time across MoneyLion's portfolio
- Improve retention and reduce unexpected churn in our products
- Help mentor senior team members by instilling best practices
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech
- Expertise with Java including idiomatic usage
- Experience with Java, specifically JDK 8+ and use streaming and lambdas to keep your codebase concise
- Experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Strong experience with AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc)
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Strong soft-skills including working via influence and supporting a growth mindset for your peers
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.